Sunday, September 14, 2008

Racism is alive and well

I am so appalled and flabbergasted that I'm almost speechless - not a common state of being for me, I promise you!

I learned this evening that at a "Value Voters Summit" this weekend, there was for sale boxes of waffle mix with a racist (think "Aunt Jemima") drawing of Barack Obama on it. What kind of "values" do these people have? And to think that absolutely every negative comment about Gov. Palin draws a cry of "sexism" from these folks!

Perhaps even more distressing was the information that Lou Dobbs from CNN was delighted by this box and reportedly cried, "My wife will love this!"

Can we please get some perspective on what we're doing in this country? We're trying to elect a President in the 21st century, while a group of sophomoric "value voters" revert to mid-20th century bigotry.

I may say more on this later, but right now it's just too much.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog and for the birthday wishes! I read your blog and it seems we have similar political beliefs. I am envious of your grandmother status. I'd like to keep an eye on your blog entries and hope you will do the same with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete