Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just a walk in the park

I'm a lucky woman. Sometimes I forget and start to take it for granted - not that I'm the only one who's ever done that! And sometimes a day is just so perfect that I wonder why I'm not just constantly aware of how lucky I am!

I have these wonderful grandsons - four of 'em. The three oldest - Andrew, David and Matthew - live in the Midwest, so I don't see them very often. This year it has been my joy to visit them twice, and I treasure the memories we made. Being a Gran is the most enjoyable thing I've ever done. Don't get me wrong - I also loved being a mom and treasure my three sons. But there's just something about grandmothering...


My youngest grandson, Addison, lives about 12 miles from me - a much more reasonable distance for visits! And I've had the unending joy of being his "Granny Nanny" since he was two months old (he'll be 3 in December). Not that every minute of every day has been pure bliss, you understand. After all, he's still an independent little person and he can be oppositional with the best of them!

Today - as I do every Monday and Tuesday - I picked Addison up from daycare. Sometimes we go to the local mall and have smoothies and visit the stores. Sometimes we go to the pool where he spends nearly an hour on the water slide, which he loves. Today we went to the park, and had a little more than an hour to play on the slides - no swings today. And I promised him I would put the photos of him swinging from the crossbar on my blog.


So, Addison, here you are for the world to see! Thank you for bringing so much joy to my afternoon. Now if I could just see my other three boys on a more regular basis!


1 comment:

  1. Cheryle~~ It's so true isn't it?? Grandchildren are so wonderful. Our 3 live in Virginia so we only get to see them about once a year. Two of them will be moving to TX next year. While it's the same distance from my home in CO to either VA or TX, it seems so much closer. They will only be 1 time zone away from us!!! LOL

    Joan

    ReplyDelete